Kawaii Mushipan


I have done Mushipan (蒸しパン)  back in 2013. But this time, I added a wee bit more sugar and made them into cute kitties. I have also done up a video and you can see it here. It's quite similar to what I have done to my traditional egg cakes

This recipe makes 4.
Preparation 10 min
Cook 15 min
 
Ingredients:
- 100g cake flour
- 50g castor sugar
- 60ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
1) Sift and combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2) Whisk the egg in another bowl and add in the sugar. Continue to whisk until combined.
3) Add in milk and mix well.
4) Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder until the batter is well mixed.
5) Add in oil and mix well.
6. Scoop batter into muffin tin lined with paper case. Fill each case 3/4 full.
7. Bring the water in the wok/pan to boil and lower the muffin tin. Cover and steam at medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
8) Remove from wok/pan, let cool slightly. Best serve warm (in my opinion).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment