Thai-Style Garlic Prawns


I can never have enough for prawns. By now, you should know my love for prawns is so strong, haha...High cholesterol? Eat first then say. My diet consists of mainly chicken, vegetables and seafood so... unless I turn vegetarian which is, honestly, I can't as yet. But I try to practise eating more vegetables than meat on every meal (2 vegetables + 1 meat when I have chup chye bng outside) or have a 'meatless' meal, that is, having bread only. That isn't difficult. Make yourself a Ovo-lacto vegetarian during breakfast. 2 slices of bread, 2 eggs and a glass of milk just sounds so healthy. Not tough right? :)

Meanwhile you might like to try out this fuss-free and easy-peasy Thai-style garlic prawns. Here goes:

Ingredients:
- 500g prawns (the weight after de-shelled but with the prawn head still on)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbs chopped coriander stem
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- pinch of salt

1) Clean prawns, de-shelled and de-veined. Place cleaned prawns in a big bowl and add in the sugar, pepper, fish sauce, chopped coriander stem, crushed garlic and pinch of salt. Mix well and leave prawns to marinate for 20 minutes.

2) Heat up 2 tbs of oil in pan, add everything in (1) including the marinade and stir-fry prawns until done. The prawns are done when turned completely red.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment