Mee Hoon Kueh 面粉粿
This is just the recipe for the dough. I know a lot of recipes have eggs added to the dough but this is an egg-free version. Still, it received positive feedbacks from my fussy eaters. It's really QQ in texture.
- 500g plain/all purpose flour
- 250ml warm salted water (about 1 tsp of salt. Add 125ml freshly brewed hot water to 125ml cool water)
- 1 tbs corn flour
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
1) In a big bowl, combine above ingredient, adding the water gradually and knead until a dough is formed.
2) Let the dough rest in room temperature for half an hour. You can cling wrap the dough or place a damp towel over the bowl to prevent the dough from drying out.
3) Bring a big pot of stock to boil, tear/pinch dough into small pieces and drop into the stock. Keep tearing/pinching until the dough is used up. Add your favourite ingredients and cook everything until done. Add vegetable (if any) 1-2 minutes before you off the heat.
Posted on 11/25/2013 08:49:00 pm