If you like kueh bahulu, you will like this :)
Using 2-inch base muffin cases, this recipe yields 9.
- 180g plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 180g fine sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g melted unsalted butter
- 40g chocolate chip (optional if want it plain)
- pinch of salt
1) Sift baking powder and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
2) In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
3) With the use of the spatula, fold in the sifted baking powder and flour in 3 batches until well mix. Add butter and mix till well combined.
4) Stop mixer and fold in 2/3 of the chocolate chip into the batter and mix.
5) Scoop batter into muffin tin lined with cases. Filled 2/3 full. Top batter with balance chocolate chips (about 6 to 7 on surface).
6) Bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 20 minutes.
7) Remove from oven immediately after baking and leave to cool on rack.